Who Can Bring an Action Under Section 225?
  • Shareholders (both record holders or beneficial holders)
  • Directors (incumbent and putative)
  • Officers (only if his or her own title to office is in dispute)
  • Members of a corporation having no stock
How Quickly Can a Petitioner Expect To Get a Resolution After Filing a Section 225 Action?

If you are a shareholder or director of a Delaware corporation, and you dispute the composition of the company’s board of directors, or the appointment of an officer, you have a remedy under the Delaware General Corporation Law (“DGCL”).  This post will generally discuss such disputes, and the scope of remedies available to such shareholders